Bloomsbury Food Library is a growing and vibrant digital resource. Home to the widest-ranging existing collection of food studies content it reflects the interdisciplinary nature of this growing subject, making it an essential resource for students, researchers, and scholars studying food, on courses as wide-ranging as history, sociology, anthropology, cultural studies, human geography, sustainability, agriculture, culinary arts, literary studies, political science, and development studies.
Combining original content from Bloomsbury and licensed content from partner publishers with specially-commissioned research and learning tools and image collections from eminent institutions, Bloomsbury Food Library promises to be the one-stop-shop for anyone studying or working in the field.
Bloomsbury Food Library offers cross-searchable access to a broad and expanding range of encyclopedias, references works, e-books, images, and more:
- Global coverage including Ken Albala’s Food Cultures of the World Encyclopedia and the Cambridge World History of Food
- Several major reference works including Bloomsbury’s Cultural History of Food in six volumes and key chapters from Food History: Critical and Primary Sources
- Over 100 eBooks by key authors in the field including Warren Belasco, Carol J. Adams, Anne Murcott, Rick Wilk, Fabio Parasecoli and Peter Jackson
- Image collections from leading institutions around the globe including the Culinary Arts Museum at Johnson & Wales University, USA, The National Archives, UK, and the Metropolitan Museum of Art, USA
- Specially curated lesson plans and bibliographic guides to assist teaching and research
- Seven podcasts from the Oxford Food Symposium provide audio interviews with key food scholars and practitioners
- Specially curated pedagogical resources to aid learning including annotated bibliographies and additional lesson plans with links to live online content
- Primary source collections including recipes from throughout history
- Additional image collections from partner institutions
- Cutting-edge new research to ensure Bloomsbury Food Library remains at the forefront of this diverse field of study